My name is Dr Mandy Leonhardt and I am a fully qualified and GMC registered GP. I am particularly interested in women’s health and my ongoing professional development reflects this passion. I offer a private clinic which specializes in the holistic assessment and individualized treatment of hormonal imbalances at every stage of a woman’s life: Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS), Postnatal Depression, Perimenopause and Menopause. My aim is to give women the best evidence based, personally tailored advice about treatment options for hormonal imbalances and healthy ageing. During my consultations I will discuss treatments that are available both on the NHS, as well as privately and include hormone replacement therapy, nutrition, lifestyle and supplements.
Together with another medical colleague, I am also the founder, organizer and host of England’s first Menopause Café, which took place on 20th of January 2018 in Petersfield/Hampshire. Following the sell out success of the first Menopause Café, we hosted a second event on April 21st 2018, which was equally oversubscribed and very well received.
The Menopause Café concept is a social franchise which was started by Rachel Rowan from Perth in Scotland. These pop up events are free and provide an opportunity for women (and man and everyone else who is interested) to exchange experiences and to have conversations about any issues related to menopause in a safe and confidential space alongside a cup of tea, coffee and cake. Our Menopause Café was featured on TV by BBC Southwest lunchtime and evening news as well as on BBC Solent Breakfast Radio. For more information about Menopause Cafés and future events please have a look at www.menopausecafe.net.
I have been interviewed by BBC Solent on several occasions about Menopause related news and issues.
Other past events:
- In July 2018, I presented a scientific poster with a colleague about the impact and outcomes of the Menopause Cafés at the British Menopause Society’s Annual Conference in London
- On 15th of November 2018 I was a guest speaker at a women’s health event hosted by “My beautiful Ladies”, a local women’s support group, at The Candover Clinic in Basingstoke.
- On 3rd of April 2019 I gave a talk about Menopause to staff at the Occupational Health Department at Royal Hampshire Hospital in Winchester.
- I hold the Certificate in Menopause Care awarded by the British Menopause Society (2018) https://thebms.org.uk/
- Training at the Marion Gluck Academy (2017) – http://www.mariongluckclinic.com
- DFFP (Diploma of the Faculty of Family Planning, 2007) – https://www.fsrh.org/home
- MRCGP (Membership Exam for the Royal College of General Practitioners, 2006) – http://www.rcgp.org.uk
- DRCOG (Diploma of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, 2005) – https://www.rcog.org.uk
- I am a Member of the British Menopause Society and attend annual BMS conferences – https://thebms.org.uk
- I am a Member of the Primary Care Women’s Health Forum – www.pcwhf.co.uk