Initial holistic and integrative consultation (60-70 mins): £225
I will take a thorough integrative medical history of your past and current medical problems, your lifestyle and nutrition. We will talk about your presenting symptoms and how they affect your life. Following a risk assessment with regards to the use of hormone replacement therapy, we will discuss, if you would benefit from this treatment and which blood tests might be required. We will discuss the risks and side effects of hormone replacement therapy at great length and develop a treatment plan which best meets your individual needs. These treatment recommendations may (or may not) include body/bio-identical HRT, forms of hormonal and non-hormonal contraception, as well as supplements. We will talk about which forms of body-identical HRT are available on the NHS and which are available privately. We will also look at lifestyle changes and nutrition which could help improve your symptoms. If you had relevant blood tests done by your GP prior to the consultation please bring them along, to minimize duplicate tests. I may ask you to download a symptom diary which you can fill out prior to your appointment.
Following your consultation if you decide to start HRT, I can give you a private prescription for the first 3 months (which is often cheaper, than the NHS prescription fee) and after that, you may decide to go back to your own GP, who will then carry out all necessary HRT reviews and provide your repeat prescriptions or you may decide to continue with me privately.
Follow up (10-12 weeks after starting treatment, 25 mins): £110
During this consultation we will review how you are feeling and if symptoms have improved. If indicated blood tests may be performed and the treatment plan adjusted. Most women who only take Progesterone and Oestrogen do not require blood tests, but other hormones, such as Testosterone, require close monitoring at the beginning of the treatment. If you would like to continue to receive private prescriptions for your HRT, then you will require to have this follow up appointment. Private repeat prescriptions will only be issued after a 3 months follow up consultation has taken place.
Continuous follow up (25 mins): £110
Depending on symptoms and treatment progress a review may take place every six months or as often as required. Patients who are stable on their HRT and receive private prescriptions from me, require a review at least one a year.
The following tests may be indicated at regular intervals during your treatment (most can be arranged on the NHS by your own GP):
- Pelvic Ultrasound Scan (can be arranged privately at the Candover Clinic)
- DEXA scan (if risk of Osteoporosis) – (can be arranged privately at the Hampshire Clinic)
- Cervical Smear test (every 3-5 years)
- Mammogram (can be arranged privately at the Candover Clinic)
- Sometimes hormone and other blood tests may be required and can be arranged at the Candover Clinic
Repeat Prescription without appointment (only for registered patients who have regular follow ups): £20
Repeat prescriptions will only be issued to patients who had a 3 months follow up appointment after their initial consultation and who have at least one annual review after starting their treatment.
Payment options, Cancellation Policy and Data Protection:
- I accept the following payment options: Cash, Credit Card.
- There is no charge, if you wish to cancel or rearrange your appointment up to 5 days prior to your appointment date.
- After successfully booking your appointment, you will receive an email confirmation with the date, time and place of your appointment. You will receive another email with a reminder of your appointment date and time a few days before your appointment.
- If you don’t attend your appointment and you did not cancel your appointment at least 5 days prior to your appointment date, the full consultation fee will be charged.
- Your data is stored in my secure patient documentation software Cliniko. Neither Cliniko, nor myself will pass your data on to anyone else without your permission. If your appointment is at the Candover Clinic, then you give your permission at the time of booking your appointment, to pass on your name, date of birth and telephone number to the Candover Clinic. The Candover Clinic requires this information to contact you prior to your appointment to go through Covid-19 related health and safety questions.